Please summarise your areas of climate-change expertise (in terms of subjects and geographical areas)
I have worked for International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) in Bangladesh for 5 years as a communications officer;. I was involed with three climate change related project there as an communications expert. I have worked on climate change impact related awareness program specially for the coastal fishermen communities in the coastal region of Bangladesh and awareness program for school children in the same area.
Please use this section to introduce yourself in more detail so the administrator can decide whether to approve your membership
Mohammad Mahbubur Rahman Masum
Contact address: 8729 167th Street, Jamaica, New York 11432, USA
Telephone: (917) 318 8455 Email: email@example.com
• Completed one semester of as a transfer student in the University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada in 2000
• Training from IUCN HQ in Switzerland from 1-5 October 2007
• Training from IUCN Asia Regional Office from 19-22 August 2008
• Performed official assignment in the World Conservation Congress 2008 in Barcelona, Spain from 4-14 October 2008
• HR induction training from IUCN Asia Regional Office from 18-23 January 2009
• HR meeting in IUCN Asia Regional Office from 2-3 October 2009
Communications Officer and HR Focal point
IUCN Bangladesh Country Office Dhaka
Communications Officer November 2005 – October 2008
UN related experiences
• Worked as a Communications Officer, under the project titled “National Capacity Self-Assessment (NCSA) for Global Environmental Management” funded by UNDP-GEF. This 16-month long NCSA project successfully ended on December 2007.
• Responsible for development of web portals for NCSA www.iucnbd.org/ncsa
• Attended the meetings of ‘UNDP Web Administrators Network’ and learned about the UNDP web management systems
• Developed different communication materials i.e. leaflets, folders, cards etc. for the project
• Responsible to maintain strong and effective media relations, write press releases, press notes and photography
• developed communication tools to address different stakeholders of the project
• Assisted in the UNICEF funded project “Reducing the Risk of Avian Influenza by Conserving Migratory Waterbirds”
• Arranged 34 workshops, 4 journalist meetings and 2 media briefings in 19 districts and developed a big network with local NGo’s and print & electronic media while working with the Bird Flu project
Other Project Experiences in IUCN Bangladesh:
• Awareness and education on the impacts of climate change and variability for school student and teacher (CDSP-III). Responsibilties includes:
o identifying issues/topics and to develop tools for education and awareness raising of secondary level school students and teachers
o implementing innovative ideas, techniques, events and programs for awareness raising of school students and teachers with the help of appropriate communication materials developed
o train and establish student cohorts to carry over awareness activities as a self-sustaining process
• Conservation of Asian Elephant in Bangladesh (Phase III)
o conducted awareness programs on Elephant Conservation in 20 schools in Teknaf and Chakaria of Cox’sbazar district.
o Designed communication materials (posters, stickers, leaflets, videos) for school children.
• Promotion of Adaptation to Climate Change and Climate Variability in Bangladesh.
o Designed leaflets, posters, made documentary film for this project
• Community Based Sustainable Management of Tanguar Haor Program (CBSMTHP)
o Made a documentary film, designed other communication materials and website for this project.
Languages: Bengali, Fluent in written and verbal proficiency in English
Interests: Outdoor pursuits, volunteering, travel, photography and history
You need to be a member of Climate Change Media Partnership to add comments!