Please summarise your areas of climate-change expertise (in terms of subjects and geographical areas)
I am a conservation scientist and communication specialist with expertise in both mitigation and adaptation, with recent work focusing on incentivizing adoption of climate smart and more regenerative agriculture and livestock production practices.
Please use this section to introduce yourself in more detail so the administrator can decide whether to approve your membership
My life and work are inspired by a love of Nature. As a researcher, writer, speaker, and advisor, I dig deep to identify root causes of problems, and catalyze transformative solutions.
I offer 20+ years experience strategically designing and reliably executing conservation science, management, and education projects. Core areas of strength include:
• Diligent researcher who excels at getting to the heart of complex questions and building powerful science-based arguments in support of land management, business, policy and legal initiatives;
• Experienced in leading multi-stakeholder consultations to understand key barriers to changing land management practices and identify solutions to each barrier;
• As an advisor of businesses, investors and philanthropists, I vet scientific credibility and hone approaches to maximize impact;
• Applying the science of influence to design conservation programs that promote behavior change;
• Known as a charismatic speaker with an ability to convey benefits of conservation to all types of people;
• Author of scientific journal articles and book chapters, and hundreds of blog posts;
• Producer and director of scientific workshops and educational events;
• Experienced in conducting field research in remote locations and leading naturalist hikes;
• Projects have been covered by media outlets including SF Chronicle, Sacramento Bee, AP, American Museum of Natural History, High Country News.
I envision a world in which our transition to sustainability has tipped to production systems that sustain biodiversity, reverse climate change, boost profits and productivity, and enrich our quality of life. This transition is enabled by a portfolio of incentives that reward responsible stewardship, enable the conservation of America’s natural heritage, and sustain vibrant communities.
I am passionate about my work and understand the importance of maintaining balance, regularly enjoying time in nature and live music with family and friends.
Comment Wall (1 comment)
You need to be a member of Climate Change Media Partnership to add comments!
How is everything with you, I picked interest on you after going through your short profile and deemed it necessary to write you immediately. I have something very vital to disclose to you, but I found it difficult to express myself here, since it's a public site.Could you please get back to me on:(email@example.com) for the full details.