Please summarise your areas of climate-change expertise (in terms of subjects and geographical areas)
- Humanitarian implications of climate change
- Environmentally induced migration/climate change and migration
- Adaptation to climate change
- Potential benefits and risks to poor people of carbon finance (esp. REDD)
- Gender and vulnerability to climate change
- Especially knowledgeable about adaptation issues vis-a-vis Africa
Please use this section to introduce yourself in more detail so the administrator can decide whether to approve your membership
Dr. Charles Ehrhart is currently coordinating CARE International’s global response to climate change. In this role, he leads a Secretariat providing strategic direction and technical support to operations in more than sixty-six of the world’s poorest countries. Charles has spent 16 years working with civil
society organisations, the UN and Governments of Tanzania and Uganda to end extreme poverty.
Charles has a PhD in Social Anthropology from the University of Cambridge, England. He has published and presented widely on subjects pertaining to poverty, the environment, and their interplay.
Recent work has focused on the humanitarian implications of climate change, environmentally-induced migration, carbon finance and Community-Based Adaptation.
You need to be a member of Climate Change Media Partnership to add comments!