The Registry is the only voluntary GHG reporting program in North America endorsed by 41 US states and DC, all the Canadian provinces and territories, six Mexican states and four Native Sovereign Nations. The Registry's program is based on the WRI/WBCSD GHG Protocol, and our protocols have been referenced in the EPA Mandatory Reporting Program and the Congress bills. Over 430 organizations from across North America use The Registry's program to measure and manage their GHG emissions with integrity.
In addition, The Registry:
- Is on the international Carbon Disclosure Standards Board
- Is partnering with iCET to develop a China registry
- Has served as a resource on GHG reporting to India, Brazil, and Mexico, among others
- Is an accredited NGO to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Is working with the World Resources Institute (WRI) on developing a North American Scope 3 reporting standard